By reading Lal Bahadur Shastri in Hindi you will also know how wonderful Shastri was. One of India’s most successful Prime Ministers, Lal Bahadur Shastri was born on October 2, 1904 in Mughalsarai in Uttar Pradesh. Due to the clean image of Lal Bahadur Shastri, on 27th May, 1964, after the death of Nehru, Shastriji was given the responsibility of the country. He took over the reins of the country as the second Prime Minister of Independent India. He died on January 11, 1966 in Tashkent. Here we will tell you some interesting facts related to Lal Bahadur Shastri which you have not read so far:
1. From the head of Shastri, the father’s shadow was lifted at a very young age. Having a strong intellectual capacity to study, he stayed in Nana-Nani and completed his primary education. Due to financial constraints, they used to swim the river and go to school.
2. His father’s name was Sharda Shrivastav Prasad and mother’s name was Ramdulari Devi. They had two sisters. Shastri’s grandson i.e. Anil Shastri’s son Adarsh Shastri joined the Aam Aadmi Party in 2014, leaving his good job in Apple Company.
3. After getting the title of Shastri from Kashi Vidyapith, he removed Shastri from the birth of a caste word and always used Shastri for his name.
4. On March 16, 1928, he was married to Lalita Devi of Mirzapur and had taken a spinning wheel and some yarn cloth as a dowry.
5. After independence, he was appointed as the Parliamentary Secretary of Uttar Pradesh. In the term of transport minister in the Cabinet of Govind Ballabh Pant, he had appointed women constitators for the first time.
6. To control the crowd, he started using a shower of water instead of a blackjack.
7. Very few people know that in the transport which you see in the reserved seats for women, they were also started by Lal Bahadur Shastri.
8. Shastri ji was given the third class in the railway. They made a great difference in the rent of First Class and Third Class. This gave great relief to the people of the weaker sections. After a rail accident, he resigned from his position in 1956. This was an example of their humanity.
9. The then Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri was crying after watching the film ‘Shaheed’, which was made on Bhagat Singh’s life.
10. Lal Bahadur Shastri had promoted white Revolution / milk revolution only during his tenure. Anand, along with Amul Milk Cooperative of Gujarat, established the National Dairy Development Board.
11. In 1964, when Shastriji became the Prime Minister of the country, grains were introduced from the US and in 1965 India was hit by drought, when the US refused to give wheat, then Shastriji should not have said we should -Supply wheat and appealed to the citizens that fasting one day a week so that the cost of grains is low.
12. Pakistan attacked India in 1965 thinking that in 1962, India’s strength would have been weakened after the war with China, when the President convened an emergency meeting and the three Army Chief said that tell us what to do now, then Shastri The immediate answer was that you protect the country and tell us what to do. Under the leadership of Shastri, India defeated Pak.
13. The foresight of Lal Bahadur Shastri was very much appreciated. During the war, through the Punjab’s way in Lahore, forced Pakistan to retreat.
14. Shastri ji gave the slogan “Jai Jawan-Jai Kisan”. This increased the morale of the people of India and the country became united.
15. Shastri’s death remains a mystery till date. After signing the Tashkent Agreement, he died from a heart attack in China. His sudden death raised many questions. His house and believed that he was killed by poisoning. If that day had been post mortem then the whole truth would have been revealed but it could not be done. Shastri remembers the whole of India even today for his simplicity, patriotism and honesty. He was also honored with Bharat Ratna in post-war years 1966.